Oscars 2011: WIN! Melissa Leo

To tell the truth I couldn't tell you an awful lot about Melissa Leo other than I know she ran her own 'For your consideration' campaign which I admire. She made it damn clear she wanted to win without simpering and hiding behind "Oh but I won't win because I'm in such ah-may-zing company" whilst secretly hoping all those bitches come down with a 24 hour bug so they can't be there and then you'd have to win because no one likes someone collecting an award on someone's behalf. And she swore in her acceptance speech which apparently NEVER happens which is surprising in itself. Or maybe I'm more potty mouthed than Oscar nominated actors.

Anyway, her dress.

Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Although it's by Marc Bouwer, it looks like Melissa made it herself at some arts and crafts day. I like it. The gold underlay is subliminal, all "Hey Academy dudes! You KNOW I want to win and I AM golden like an actual award. AWARD ME!". And I like her shoes - they are certainly not made from a doily.

No comments:

Post a Comment